Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wanna make a bet?

Gambling and sports. Two of the things which interest me the least. Then why did you decide to write about it you ask? Because crime and conspiracy have always interested me a lot. Well how do gambling and sports connect to crime and conspiracy? Easy, money is always connected to crime and conspiracy, so obviously so are sports and gambling.

My main theory in this arena (pun intended) is that a lot more sporting events are rigged than the public would like to believe. With billions of dollars to be gained, of course the games get fixed. When I talk to people about this I am often told that they wouldn't get rigged because the players are "playing to win", but if you have players walking out on $300 million dollar contracts, I think they might be interested in money too.

Now, the point of this piece is not to prove that the Superbowl has been rigged. I am pretty sure that it has been. My opinion is that the 1919 Black Socks world series scandal is not the most famous rigged event in our countries history, rather the most famous for getting caught. So personally I am assuming that there is fixing going on. It is human nature.

Really what I am after is finding the guy who is doing the fixing so I will know who to bet on. If I did I would get addicted to gambling as quickly as possible. This is what I have been thinking about, I apologize that it is not funny. Buzzsaw

1 comment:

  1. coincidentally just found out a friend's dad is a gambling addict; nope not funny
    Sports are also a way for men have a socially acceptable emo outlet :)

    ReplyDelete